Saturday, August 31, 2013

AYOS Canasta

AYOS for August was Canasta, I fell in love with it the minute I saw it but let me tell you I think my hair is a bit grayer from making it!  I don't know what happened but I ended up with extra pieces and if you look close, but don't please, you will see where those pieces that belonged in the quilt never made it!  I was pretty upset because of course I didn't notice until it was all finished.....sigh.

I have decided I am not going to tear it out and correct it.  I have decided to heavily quilt this topper in hopes you won't see those mistakes.  Can you spot them?  Well I used to tell my quilting students the Amish deliberately put a mistake in their quilt because nobody is perfect only God.  So I guess you can say this is definitely Amish!  Oh well, onto the next fun Schnibbles quilt....wonder which it will be?   

Okay so I checked my stash because I was really trying to use up my stash so I found my charm pack  Blush for Moda by Basic Grey.  The fabrics are pretty and I thought they would make lovely baskets. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Go check out all the other GORGEOUS quilts made by other participants of the AYOS on Sinta's and Sherri's Blog!  Sit back and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great and don't see anything missing. I love Basic Grey too. At least you got your made. Mine didn't even get started because I didn't want to rush it, but it is still on my "to do list".

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look perfect together! I love your Blush collection for a color palette. It is beautiful Tilda.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...