I am soooooo very excited to announce, with the permission and Blessings from Kathleen Tracy herself!!!!! I will be hosting a monthly Quilt Along right here on my blog BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2014 when I will announce the Very first quilt we will be doing, and it's always your choice of fabrics to use! We will be using her book Prairie Children and Their Quilts by Kathleen Tracy. You can get an E copy on Kathleen's website
Country Lane Quilts OR the actual book through Amazon, she provides a link either way you wish. Go check out her site! (you will be drooling....such beautiful stuff!) here is what her book looks like....
You will definitely want to have a copy not only for your library but also because we will be making SEVERAL quilts from this book! They are Fabulous!
So here are the rules......
1. You must purchase this book. No copies will be made or distributed , this is copywriter material. No tutorials, measurements or in part or whole can you post of her patterns or pictures of the patterns. this is to keep in line with copywrite laws and keeping integrity intact.
2. The first of the month , beginning June 1st, I will tell you the Quilt name and page number of the quilt to be completed for that month. It can be in quilt top form or totally completely finished.
3. Before the 30th of the month please send me a picture of your quilt along with your name of course and a link to your blog if you have one, the blog is not mandatory, but it is fun to have visitors! On your blog please post your picture as well of your quilt top giving credit to Kathleen Tracy for her pattern and list the fabrics you used if you like. Again this is copywriter material so no posting tutorials or any part of the pattern, give credit where credit due.
4. On the first of the month I will hold a parade of all the entries for all to enjoy right here on my blog! And I will be posting the next months quilt title. It's that easy and really fun. Plus you will meet new people in cyber land and enjoy some eye candy!
5. No need to worry if life gets in the way and you skip a month or start late.....we welcome whoever wants to join the fun each month! Just adhere to the above rules.
6. INVITE AS MANY FRIENDS AS YOU WOULD LIKE!!!!! EVERYONE IS INVITED! Enjoy and have a lot of fun!
7. Just leave me a note in my comments section and let me know your playing along!
If all goes well she has two more books that have spectacular patterns as well and we can keep it going for as long as you want to participate. I would suggest hoping right on over to her website and have a look see around!!!!