Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Its a Signature Quilt Parade!!!!




First I have to tell you about this place before we hit the parade!  We moved from Brooklyn, New York to the small town of Spring Hill, Florida when I was 8 years old.  And when I say small, I mean small! There was a place called The little Red Schoolhouse ........ This place was the gathering place for anything crafty and also the town library.  It was very cute inside and I can remember walking into the building the air conditioning would welcome you in with a blast.  Florida is HOT and I mean HOT!  I beelined outta there when I turned 21 for a job in Denver, Colorado with Frontier Airlines.  But I have the fondest memories of the Lil' Red School House, every Tuesday evening my mother and sisters and I would go and do ceramics, that was the big craft back then (think 70's)..... to the left of this building is the community baseball field I used to play on growing up.  I belonged to the city league Suncoast Ecologists.  To the right of the building was the community center where they held wedding receptions and meetings and the annual Chicken Pluckin Contest.....yep you read that right, check out that link....I am even in that photo of everyone on the stage, I am the little girl all the way on the right on the ground up against the stage with my hand on my hip! hahahaha!    I scrapped this page back in 2008 and posted it on my other blog of whose password I can't remember nor would BlogSpot release so I had to start this blog....oh well....its mainly scrapbooking stuff....browse around if you so feel inclined. Okay funny story over....


ANYWAY, knowing my LOVE for this place of fond memories when I was browsing the pages of Kathleens book that we are working out of I spotted this little quilt and thought YEP!!!  Its next!
So here you go for next Quilt Along for August!   SO HERE IT IS!!!! AUGUST QUILT ALONG!!!!

Little Red Schoolhouse!  Page 62 Yippee!!!





 Please Please, In the comment section of this post let me know if you want to go on with more littles in September on or not .... this was going to be our last quilt and we were going to resume with Sinta and Sherry's Quilt alongs.  


As always color is YOUR choice!  Have fun and remember to send me an email with your photo and link to your blog if you so choose On or before August 31 for the September 1st Parade.

And now onto the Parade!!  I just love ALL the entries!!!! They are all sweet looking!!!  So sit back and enjoy the show!

First up Sue, loving the Rich colors and antique feel of the boarder!



Mandy, I look at this and think Laura Ingalls!
  Love the choice here of flowers 


Mickey, oh the pinks and browns!  Need I say more?  Great color combo!



Terri, this one has hilarious sayings from her Grandmother!  Click on the photo and see if you can read them....love it and the use of Hearty Good Wishes fabrics by Janet Clare, her Grandmother lived at the beach hence the use of fabrics!  Great tribute!


Robin used lovely prints, loving the civil war feel to this, she also sent in  a close up shot so you can read the quotes!


Peggy did a lovely version of this quilt and its already displayed and on the counter!  Way to go Peggy! digging the red white and blue!

Next up is  Mindy's she did what I thought about doing and now I wish I had adding extra blocks! great job and I love the fabric used for the borders!  





Laurie did a beautiful job Stitching her sayings which read
Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, Speak kindly, & From simple things... come simple joy.
Wonderful!


Sandy did a lovely version I really like how soft it looks.


Tania did a great job too!  Love the flower border...sooooo pretty!

And then there is mine, just a flimsy but I will be adding a red border and it will pop...


.I just love all the versions this month and thank each and everyone of you for participating!  Enjoy the next months quilt along and remember to let me know if you want to continue beyond this quilt for September by telling me in the remarks!   Enjoy everyone and meet you back here soon!





9 comments:

  1. Great job everyone. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tilda - these are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tilda, August will be my last one! Everyone did a FANTASTIC job!

    ReplyDelete


  4. Please can we continue with the quilt a long.

    Mandy UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good way to see how everyone uses color! Love the quilts. I love the way Teri went out of the box and the fabrics is updated. I was thinking of doing that for my granddaughters up coming bday for her friends to sign, now I will do it. I am determined to use up fabric hat I have and this is a great way, so my vote is to continue on if you decide to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the quilts! I finished to a flimsy but didn't get the pic to you in time :( I'm going to quilt and bind it today though! I would love to continue with these minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin never to late! Send me that photo and I will post it!

      Delete
  7. Hi Tilda, gorgeous minis by you and all the other ladies! One of the things I really love about this sort of project is seeing all the variations of the one quilt people come up with. I am really enjoying this, I would love to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the small quilts. Hope you keep doing them in the coming months. Jan/WI

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...