Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Valentines Treat Bags

This is the day that The Lord has made, be glad and rejoice in it!!! AMEN!

This post is up to the linky party over at  The Enchanting Rose Roses of Inspiration party
Check it out, tons of beautiful blogs on display!

Today I am going to show you some darling treat bags that I made using the sample that Stephanie made on her blog The Enchanting Rose that I absolutely fell in love with!!!  I mean the possibilities are endless!!!  

I stopped into our local used bookstore and my bookmaster there had quite a few hardback books that were just 50 cents!!!  I was thrilled so I snapped up a few , brought them home, grabbed my exactoknife and started slicing away. I sewed around three sides, using some Valentines Stamps and red and pink inks stamped the images....folded a paper doily in half, punched two holes, tied it with pastry string and added a rose...that easy!!!!  And the result are these!!! I am ready for valentines and I have have filled them with some chocolatey goodness!!!  Dove is wonderful! ;0)




And so I leave you with this........A verse that hit me this week and has lingered and is sinking in on how true this applies almost daily .....

John 13:7
Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

Isn't that wonderful that we have that hope that He is ALL knowing and His perfect plan is always working in our lives. Amen!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, I LOVE your treat bags! The doily makes them extra pretty and the little rose is simply perfect.

    You, my dear, did a lovely job :) Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy the remainder of your week. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! They were fun to make....I too love the doiley, in fact need to find some more in red for Christmas! They will be lovely giveaways to friends! Thank you for stopping by! Btw I added the ROI link, I was so excited to get the post up I left out the linky party on the first post!

      Delete
  2. Oh...look at you!!!! You did a fabulous job and your recipients will be blessed in deed.
    I didn't make it to the party this week. :-(
    I'm having some health issues and not getting much done these days.
    Have a beautiful week dear one.

    Joy!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie, I do hope your health issues get resolved soon! Godspeed to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit!

      Delete
  3. They are lovely and inspired me to make some .. Your blog is wonderful and glad I found you through Stephanie.. I am now your new follower.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much! Glad you stopped in, and the treat bags are fast and easy to make, enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Love this idea. Will be using it for my grandbabykin's treat. I used this idea at Christmas from Stephanie, but since I didn't have book pages I wanted to use, I printed off some cute Christmas pictures from The Graphics Fairy's page onto cardstock and sewed the Christmas item inside. The ones I was gifting loved the idea, but they hated tearing it open. Next time, I'll probably use it so the sewing can just be pulled out. I like how you used the idea with the doilies. Very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They are simply gorgeous - you did such a beautiful job:). Thank you for showing us what you've been creating! Hugs to you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. Bookbags

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...