Monday, February 1, 2016

2016 Quiltalong Kickoff and a small parade!!!

Welcome and Welcome to the 2016 Quilt Along!!!  Today I am going to announce the first quilt for the 2016 Quiltalong but first I want to give you a small parade. 

If your over from The Enchanting Rose. Welcome!  Hit mr links and check out the blog, oodles of inspiration!

Last month, about 2 weeks ago I threw down a quick challenge to basically get our motors started and three of you took me up on it!!!  So I wanted to share the lovelies that Robin and Mickey and Laurie made along with my quilt as well......so with no more waiting .......The challenge was to make Sugar Maple Hearts and first up we have

 Mickey! I love the bright pinks against the white, she did make hers smaller then the pattern and that is great!  I love it and I really love that doll!!! So adorable!!!



And the next one is by Robin!! Hers is also smaller and love the warm colors.  I really like the quilting she did, I will have to use that on one of the quilts this year!!!  The lovely ladies in the photo are of her daughter and granddaughter. 


Laurie sent me hers and let me tell you it is so romantic!!!  I love the fabric especially the boarder...doesn't it feel Victorian to you???



And now mine.....I am not completely happy with it but it is fine.....I really changed it up with a few flowers, doily type things and buttons....


And now the moment your all waiting for!!!!  I have several quilts earmarked for this year and had a terrible time choosing which one to do soooooooo I had my daughter help me.....and this is what she chose!!!  Okay ladies and gents( if there are any) please turn to page 107 

Don't Play with Table Utensils, I love that one and have been wanting to make that for our eat in kitchen table.....and now I will get it done!!  woohoo!!



Okay so you have all month to make this and then send me a photo of your quilt, either completely finished or at the very least in flimsy form.  I can't wait to see the variations!!!!! Please have ALL photo's sent to my email addy Tildagirl @ msn dot com no later then February 29, its leap year, so I can get it all loaded up for the parade on the first of March.  Early is fine too!!!  Any time!!!  Just don't forget to put February Quilt along challenge in the subject line!!!

Now before I go, from time to time I am going to have one of YOU choose from one of three quilts OR either color selection for any of the upcoming challenges.  I will email you in advance so you have time to think it through....thought I would change it up a bit this year!!!  Hope your as excited as I am!!!  Here is the original post with rules for the quiltalong, join in at anytime....Http://huckleberrystitches.blogspot.com/2015/01/welcome-2015-and-small-quilt-club.html. .......okay until next time!! Happy quilting!!



8 comments:

  1. I am loving the sweet hearts :) Seeing these pretty creations has me very excited for Valentine's Day. Hugs to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't everyone do a great job on their heart quilts??!! I think you should be very happy with yours, because it looks so pretty and you embellished it so sweetly. I also love your pretty table runner with the hearts. It looks great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this quilt along is off to a great start! I think my favorite has to be Laurie's! Those fabrics!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has done a fantastic job on their quilts!! Like your added flowers between your hearts. I made a quilt with the pattern you are going to do next for my Dad, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so hard to choose which one I like best! They are all just wonderful and inspiring. I just cant' wait to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just may get on this one...if I can find the time. I have the book and it is SEW cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello and a blessed February to you! Oh, I just love these quilts...I love hearts in all shapes, sizes and colours...each quilt is so gorgeous and unique!
    I have missed you in Blogland - so delighted to see you're blogging again! Enjoy your quilting...I have set myself the challenge of making a simply yellow brick road baby quilt for my new brother expected in April! Hope it works out...I want to do a sea theme...thank you for your inspiration!
    Blessings and love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...