Friday, February 3, 2017

Product reviews

So recently I stumbled on some really great products that I just had to share them with you.  Let me first say I have not been paid by any of these companies or received these products free.  I have purchased all of them while I was out and about.

Okay so the very first product I found yesterday while at Joanne Fabric and crafts while shopping with my husband.  The cut counter was sooooo backed up and I had my number I started wandering.  Well I was in the Quilting tool area, hubby was looking at the spring yard items I found this VERY AWESOME TOOL EVERY quilter Must have in the tool caddy.

This is a three Marking Ruler set.

 



Why do I need this tool you ask?  WELL,  if you need to mark off let's say half square triangles it is perfect.  I have snapped a little tutorial for a visual.




So here I have placed the ruler down the center.  The center line will be the cutting line, to each side is a perfect 1/4" either side





Next I will take my vanishing marker and mark down each side of the ruler




There ya go!  Just sew on the marked lines!  Simple but so awesome!!! These are made by Omnigrid so you know it's quality!!!  Thank you Omnigrid for making a great marking tool!!!





Okay so one day I am scrolling through Facebook and this ad pops up for these vanishing markers, they are called U top Auto Marking Pen.  They are FABULOUS!!!!!!
And now I don't know where to get them but will keep looking, if you find them let me know!!!


Next up by Clover is a 1/4" Bias maker and tape.  Now you put the fabric through to make your bias strip, then you feed the tape  through the top while feeding the fabric through...it sticks to the fabric then you peel back the tapper and iron it onto the project.  Genius!!!




Now the last item, I was watching Fons and Porter on ôur PBS station and they were giving tips at the end of the segment.  One writer wrote in and gave the tip to cut pieces of vinyl, the clear kind to fit around your thread  to keep your thread from unraveling!  I made sure the seam was cover by at least 1" to really get the vinyl to stick....isn't that smart!!!  This is why I was at Joanne's in the first place to buy a small piece of vinyl and found the marking tool!!  LOL. It pays to wander!  So that is my two cents.  Hope you have luck finding these products!  Until next time.
( sorry I got the last two photos backwards, the top one of the thread is the finished product, my iPad won't let me change it unless I rewrite this entire post.)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tilda, I love your product review. Lots of great products. I don't know if it's the same thing. We have Princess Auto here (not sure if it's in the U.S.). I looked it up on line and found this - Blue Princess Auto 6-in-1 Man Pen Stylus. I have no idea if that's what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...